Authorised Person Training and Mentoring
We offer HV Senior
Authorised Person (SAP) training and mentoring as below. We also offer an
AP and Permit Issuer's course that covers the
requirements for the issuing of LV permits and electrical safety documentation. (Some organisations define
the Permit Issuer's course as an LV SAP Course)
Time Required: 3 days
classroom and on-site at your location.
Number of Candidates / Session: 4
The course candidates must be acting Authorised Persons and have
maintained a log book of their experience. They should have a good understanding
of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
First candidate Mentoring:
.If the client does not have a SAP
Mentor, ICA Technical Solutions can provide support. It is envisaged
this will only need to be carried out for
the first candidate and then the Mentoring can be provided in house. The time
allocated for mentoring can be used by the client for planned SAP support, for
instance; a planned program of switching to carry out HV maintenance
can be controlled by the ICA mentor with the
candidates in attendance. At least 80 hours
experience with a SAP Mentor is required to gain HV SAP status, and the
takes at least 12 months.
It is recommended that the course and experience is based at the clients
site thus allowing candidates to gain practical experience on equipment that
they are already familiar with. An on site meeting room suitable for teaching
purposes will be necessary for the theory presentation.
The content of the course is as follows, although this can be adapted
to meet client requirements.
- Statutory Electrical Regulations
- Electrical Hazards and Precautions
- PPE Requirements During Switching Operations
- Understanding of Schematic Power Distribution Diagrams
- Switching Schedules and Records
- Maintenance Requirements for High Voltage Equipment
- Arrangement of Switch gear
- Safe Isolation and Earthing of Power Distribution Systems
- Permit to Work & Electrical Safety Documentation
- Cable Identification and Spiking
- Appreciation of Fault Levels
- Parallel Operation of Electrical Systems
If the candidate builds up a portfolio of experience, we have a structured
assessment procedure available.
For prices and available dates contact:
Below are the links to our main electrical safety
AP Course | AP & Permit Issuer
Course | HTM06-02 Course
Safety for Managers