Our Authorised Person (AP) courses are themed
to suit the client requirements and we have developed and delivered packages
for the Utilities, Construction, Power Electronics, Automotive, Industrial Maintenance
and Building Maintenance sectors. If your requirements are for within the Health Service we have a bespoke HTM
Time Required: 1 day classroom and
on-site at your location.
Number of Candidates / Session: 4
The candidates for this course are likely to be practicing Electricians
or Multi-skilled Mechanical / Electrical Craftsmen.
It is recommended that the course is based at your site thus
allowing candidates to gain practical experience on equipment that they are
already familiar with. An on site meeting room suitable for teaching purposes
will be necessary for the theory presentation.
The standard course course is as follows,
these are themed to meet client sector requirements.
- Discussion of Present Working Practices
- Electricity at Work: Definitions
- Electricity at Work: Safe Working Practices
- Test Equipment and Tools
- Understanding of Schematic Power Distribution Diagrams
- Practical Exercise - Hazard Identification
- Practical Exercise - Safe Isolation of Electrical
- Discussion and Feedback from Practical Exercises
- Live Working Definitions and Precautions
- Awareness of the Extra Precautions for High Voltage Work*
- Awareness of Permit to Work and Electrical Safety
If the candidate builds up a portfolio of experience, ICA has a structured
assessment procedure available.
*This section of the course is for awareness only, a
HV Senior Authorised
Person is required to make systems safe and issue safety documentation before any work can be carried out on High Voltage Equipment.
For prices and available dates contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the links to our main electrical safety
Course | AP & Permit Issuer
Course | HTM06-02 Course
| Elec Safety for Managers